We currently have the following vacancies:
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our electrical team, as we move into the next phase. You should be a motivated individual and be able to lead the electrical team confidently in the absence of the team manager. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to develop their skills and contribute to the overall success and growth of this world leading technology. You will be based full-time in Orkney with occasional travel.
Duties will include:
- Specification, design, procurement, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of electronic/contol, electromechanical and electrical systems up to 1000V.
- Specification, procurement, installation and commissioning of HV systems including switchgear, transformers, connection systems, subsea cabling and grid connections, ensuring compliance with EMEC/DNO requirements and standards.
- Assist with installation, commissioning and operation of HV electrical systems.
- Assist Electrical Engineering Manager to ensure all work is performed in compliance with all regulatory authorities, SRTP Electrical Safety Rules and SRTP Safety Management Systems.
- Working with other discipline engineers to successfully integrate all electrical, control, instrumentation and hydraulic hardware and software systems necessary for operation of generation and auxiliary systems.
- Liaise with other discipline engineers to gain a full understanding of the requirements of the turbine control system in interfacing with electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and communication systems.
- Liaise with external contractors and suppliers as required for procurement of equipment and services.
- Supervision and co-ordination of technicians as required.
- When necessary, working at shipyards or other locations to assist with integration, commissioning and testing of electrical and electromechanical systems.
- Performing and assisting with all aspects of offshore testing
- Compliance with company health and safety policy and responsibility for completion of method statements and risk assessments.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, qualified through equivalent experience in a similar role
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Experience working in the renewables sector would be a distinct advantage
Salary will be dependent on experience.